Thursday, October 18, 2012

Reasons Why I Shouldn't Vlog!

Yesterday as I was wasting time on Facebook ... I know, surprise surprise... the topic of Vlogs came up. For those of you not familiar with Vlogs, they are blogging but with a video.

Of course, the first comment out of my mouth was, "Have you seen me in front of a video camera... I am sure it is safer for society if I remain away from vlogging!"

Naturally the response by fellow blogger/vlogger Julie from Life According to Julie was, "NOW YOU HAVE TO VLOG. You can't say that and not produce!"

Now, I took that as a challenge. And what it comes down to is I have a hard time backing down from a challenge. So, I sat there and I did a lot of thinking. And while I originally thought, "There is no way in HELL I can do a Vlog!" my mind suddenly switched gears and I thought, "With that being said, there is no way in HELL I can not do a Vlog!"

Did you ever get an idea stuck in your head and suddenly that is all you could think about. Well, that is what happened. So suddenly I thought it would be a great idea to do a Vlog about all the reasons why I shouldn't do a Vlog. I even woke up at 3 a.m. this morning tossing around the excuses in my head.

The solution: If I didn't get this Vlog finished, there was a good chance I would not sleep again tonight. So here we have it... my very first VLOG! Hope you enjoy!


I have to admit, the Vlog was actually pretty fun to do! Who knows, maybe it is something that I will continue with. But for this time, I even dressed up for the occasion. After all, it is important to make a good first impression!

23 comments:

  1. lol! I loved this, Stacy! great job! You are a natural. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks - I was pretty nervous and the really really strong coffee I had this morning didn't help any! :)

      Delete
    2. what do you wear that is funny.... Bloggiong like this is a heck of a lot different than putting yourself out there for people to see. You vlog,, and i bet you (being a attractive female) are going to get quite of odd requests.. but i dont want to be negative..I wish you best of luck..

      Delete
  2. Look at you! First saying you'd never do it...and then you make it to over 11 minutes! I love the pop-up comments that jump out while you're talking. Loved this..look forward to watching more vlogs from you ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When I first started I was like... oh this will be short. I guess I blarf at the mouth just like I blarf in almost every comment I make as well. I can't help it. I am a writer and words just shoot out of my mouth. Glad you enjoyed this. I just needed someone to say I had to do it. Now if only that technique would work for writing my book! :)

      Delete
  3. This was awesome Stacy and agree with Melanie and love the pop-up comments; I would know how to do that if I tried. Totally enjoyed!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am still messing around with Windows Movie Maker. I wish I had a better program but for the time being, that will have to work. Maybe at the beginning of the year I will invest (so I can write it off on taxes) in video editing software if I keep up with this. I also want to invest in a new laptop!

      Delete
  4. Really great job, Stacy! You are a braver woman than me. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh... now we need to get you jumping on the bandwagon! ;)

      Delete
  5. haha...you rocked it girl.

    you look awesome in RED with good hairstyle and a good rich voice and you sure nailed it :)
    i liked the captions on your video...how did ya do it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I have always been told Red was my color so I wear it a lot. As for the captions... It is a part of the movie maker program I currently use. It came with my computer!

      Delete
  6. Let's try that again---apparently for a writer, I have trouble typing--Loved this! Loved the dress and your speaking voice is really great by the way!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. My speaking voice was the hardest part about the whole thing. I hate the way I sound recorded. And I have a tendency to trip on my own tongue. Maybe I just need to do more of these. Practice makes perfect!

      Delete
  7. Sooo good! But I'm still not getting in front of the camera -- I'll leave that to all you much younger gals! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much. Who knows - maybe with enough of a push we will get everybody on board... even you! :)

      Delete
  8. Yes - yes you are going to have to do that VLOG - maybe if you get that Vlog done I will finally have the push I need to sign up for NaNoWriMo! Come on -- do it for the kids! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good job Stacy! You sound great, look great, and I think there are more of these in your future.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much. I am definitely going to keep dabbling in them. It was fun to do something a little different! :)

      Delete
  10. You did a great job. I have the same problem in talking too fast, or, maybe people in the South simply have a problem listening too slow. When I did stand-up, I had to be very careful in front of alcohol dulled audiences, especially in the South. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love it... why should I have to slow down my speaking... they just listen to slow! LOL

      Delete
  11. Brilliant. Bloody awesome! I could never do that, you look and sound really great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you... I ain't gonna lie... I was really nervous to post it! :)

      Delete

Virtual Mirror