Monday, March 11, 2013

Music Monday: Leader of the Pack

My husband and I don't have similar tastes in music.

But there is one thing that can be said for sure about my music selection, there is a little bit of everything on it for everyone. Just not everything for everyone to like unless you are me. Chances are good, one of the songs will surprise you! Some of them may even take you back a little.

What can I say, my music taste is eclectic!

So this weekend, we decided to take some big action on the house that I have been neglecting. It might be because I have been busy writing. It could be because I am constantly getting distracted from that damn Misplaced Alaskan! Not blaming... just stating the facts.

So, I decided to do my cleaning to some grooving music. My music of course.

I need a smaller house... and less kids!
We were rocking it out and my husband was even pleasantly surprised that I had some "good" songs on my Ipod. Well at least according to him! I personally think they are all good. He might disagree when The Barbie Girl song comes on. (Yet I know he secretly jams to that when no one is looking!)

So here we are, enjoying a little hard work and elbow grease when a song comes on. It was an oldie but a goodie.

And he looked at me and said, "Really?"

"Yes, really! Why not?"

"This song?"

"What's wrong with this song?"

"Doesn't it make you always want to go like this?" He said, putting his hands up and revving the engine of his imaginary bike.

Man, just because I like oldies doesn't mean I am weird.

However, please enjoy today's Music Monday selection from
The Shangri-Las - Leader of the Pack!


9 comments:

  1. Hehehe...my husband and I have different tastes in movies AND music. HAHAHA. But this is a great song. And yes, I do want to rev up my imaginary bicycle. LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha - I see my husband isn't the only one! LOL

      Delete
  2. Kevin and I also have different tastes in music. That said I love your taste and awesome song today, Stacy!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are not alone - my husband and I have completely different taste in music. We agree on a few bands - like Dave Matthews. But he's all heavy metal and I'm all Tori Amos and whiney. :) My kids agree though - "our" music stinks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is really interesting, You're an overly professional blogger. I've joined
    your feed and sit up for seeking more of your excellent post.
    Also, I have shared your website in my social networks

    my web site Movers Dayton

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haha! I also pump up the music when I'm cleaning. Somehow makes it seem less like a chore. And funny enough, I also still like that Barbie song (so does my husband but he'll never admit it). We have different tastes in music, but some of the same.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Music makes cleaning bearable...I bet it also makes hamster hunting more fun too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's your party and you can cry (or sing) if you want to! And how the hell am *I* distracting? :) I'm loveable!!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Years ago, I used to say that "music is my life!" Only when I got into radio did I find that statement wrong. The enjoyment of music was what I lived for. When playing it on the air became a job, I somewhat lost some of the enjoyment. Too much of a good thing, I guess. I'm still a music freak, though, as my collection has grown outrageous over the years. (I just downloaded 4 new albums today ... yikes!) Keep it rockin', Stacy, keep it rockin'!

    ReplyDelete

Virtual Mirror